You are not logged in.
Thread: new feature request - a directory not limited to one country - a solution
Started: June 07, 2020 03:59 PM by Simon | 1 Post | Viewed: 2044 Times
June 07, 2020 03:59 PM

Simon

Simon

new feature request - a directory not limited to one country - a solution

Hi,

I would like to run a directory that is world wide. Downloading the database for each country would make my site slow.

I have a solution to solve the above. Allow the admin to uploacd a file that lists countries only (193-195 countries). Now, when a member registers, there will be two sections for registration. One, will be the registrar's billing address, contact number, etc. The other is their physical business address (if they have one).

For both the input pages for billing address and physical business address, fields can be programmed so it can be easily made option or mandatory. For example, a business that is online only will not have a physical address, so entering an address is NOT mandatory. However, for the same business, the billing address field can be set to mandatory.

On the billing info page, the registrar will have a pull down menu for: country but will have to manually enter, their: state/province and city (or town), etc. The business listing entry page will offer the same.

The search feature will be programmed to search for: keyword(s) and city or town. For business listing that don't have a physical address, there could be a checkbox beside the "Search" like this [ ] check to search for online businesses with NO physical location (address). Checking this box will allow: 'Location' search input area to be empty.

Of course, allow license holders who are running a directory for a specific country to download the location database for their country and set it up to work as it presently is intended to function.

With the feature I have descirbed and the existing solution, everyone can be happy. It will make GoClixy so much more flexible to those whose directory is not specific to one country but globally, to many countries.

June 29, 2020 06:08 PM

Simon

Simon

Re: new feature request - a directory not limited to one country - a solution

I decided to activate all the countries in my admin section. So far, my directory doesn't seem slow. Mind you, I don't have any ads / listings except for the few sample listings that came 'out of the box.'